Monday 17 November 2008

sanctuary.

okies, this is another random story. I started it on my first BCS lesson so I dedicate it to Mr Foster. please enjoy ^_^

“Take me away” I keyed in the message and clicked send. Then I slipped phone back in my pocket before the teacher looked up. Not that she would have noticed. She wouldn’t even have expected me to have a phone. I looked back at my work. There was no point in doing it though. It’s not like it would be checked. Instead, I waited.

For ages. Even when the bell for break went, I still had to wait a little longer. The class got kept behind; I had caused so little disruption that Miss forgot I was there for at least 15 minuets.

Finally I left the classroom. As I walked away I sent another text, “I'm ready.” I sat down on the bench outside and got a book out. Already I could hear the low rumble of a moped. It gradually got louder. I took my blazer off and slipped it in my bag. I replaced it by my leather jacket.
Nobody noticed my change. Nobody cared.

I listened to the engine’s rumble increasing in volume. Only I could tell how far away it was. Only I knew where its next stop would be. Nobody else was listening out. Nobody else was mentally preparing for its arrival.

But when it did arrive, everyone's heads turned. The moped flew as fast as it went round the corner of the school. It screeched to a halt about two meters away from me. The driver reached into his bag behind him and pulled out an extra helmet. He threw it toward me. I caught it, already running to him. We didn't speak. What was the point? He's deaf and I am Dumb. Life's like this.

“Get off of there!!! Now!!! Young lady!!” That teacher was wasting her breath. We left her, her words and the rest of the school in our dust.

We sped up the main road, another road and then country road after country road; him driving, me holding on to him tightly, not because I was scared of falling off, because I was scared he would disappear.

We drove for ages. We knew that know one would even start following us for a while so we didn't bother going as fast as possible. However, we didn't stop driving until we felt that we were a safe distance from the school and all the people that knew us. Even then we had to find the Perfect Place.

There was no discussion over where that was. We just knew somehow that we were both happy with the end decision.

It was a field at the top of a big hill/small mountain in the middle of nowhere. It was quiet, nobody around, nothing for him to not hear. We got off the moped and he lay down on the grass, stretched out in the sun. I placed my head on his chest, the rest of my body all curled up. He stroked my hair gently.

I knew that soon the police would turn up. I knew that soon it would all be over. But I also knew that I had never felt this safe before in my whole life.

I was completely content. xxx

No comments: