Wednesday 12 November 2008

Chapter 3

okies, i thought this chapter was gonna be really hard but it only took me like half an hour. Ok, I dedicate this to Beth and Carrie and Thegn and Aluna and Coral and Tarl. enjoy ^_^

The dog lay there, clinging to life, its chest heaving with broken breaths, its eyelids fluttering. Cat and I sat waiting anxoisly for the doctor/vet to give us his verdict.

"hmm, I think he is gonna make it. We will have to keep him and transplant a few vital organs. But he might just make it. Of course, it will cost you quite a bit of money."

"Ok," my voice wavered. £1 was quite a bit of money to me. And somehow, I didnt think that the doctor/vet bill was gonna be anything even close to that sum of money.

"By quite a bit of money, I mean £30,000."

"What are you??? A kidneapper???? A murderer???? He needs this, and a good home and all you can think about is money???? You disgust me. You vile piece of.." I never got to finish that sentece because Cat stepped between me and the vet, "It is no problem at all," she cut in smoothly, "We'll pay. Thank you for all your help. See you tomorrow!!" Then she dragged me out of the hospital.

"what on fried chicken's earth do you think that you are doing you stupid piece of poo?? You cant just go around insulting our savour. I will get the money, you twerp."

"How you gonna do that? Dont expect any help from me; I have 2p and 1 yen to my name and I am saveing up to get a dairy milk chocolate bar. Then I dont have to eat those mars bars that Dave gives me and expects me to like."

"You dont like mars bars??? weird.... ANy way, what time should we meet?"

"... hmm, as soon as possible... half nine? Ten?"

"So, thats like early afternoon, right?" NO, IT REALY ISNT!!!! afternoon isnt until AFTER NOON!!! Duh, clue's in the name.

I looked down at her tribel paint, hawaiien lei, pink elephant. At half nine she would be at school, drawing scissers, reading shakespear, talking about fit dudes, flirting with her history teacher, arguing with her german teacher, throwing things in japanease at her japanease teacher, playing with monkeys in the rainforest, right, you get the idea, SHE ISNT EXCLUDED!!!

"to early?" i ask, curling my lip, How the hell do you do that??? I have NEVER understood the whole curling lip thing, "Gonna be at trouble at school?"

"no.... well, kinda but nothing I cant deal with... anyhow..." she let her sentance trail off and stared suductevley at me. She kinda reminded me of that girl in my form.

"mouse?" she promted and I blushed. I felt guilty that I was thinking about some other girl even though it shouldnt have made me feel like that; we had only just met. I felt like she was gonna go, "remeber me?" like whatshername does in flash gorden. if you havent seen that film, you totally SHOULD. tis awsome.

"ten oclock then?" she said. But she still stood there. I half wondered if she was waiting for something. But being a lad I didnt have a clue.

After a few miniuts, she sighed and said, "doog dog, are you gonna walk me home or not?"

No comments: